Monday, May 31, 2010

google is so nice

last week or so, i casually posted my "top 100" pics on picasa web albums, which i rarely use. to my surprise, one night i started receiving tons of foreign language comments on my pics. nobody even knows about my picasa web albums, so i figured this must be spam. when i woke up the next morning, i had ~30 more comments/email notifications, most of which were in foreign languages. "what in the world is going on here?" i then noticed that 2 of my pics made google picasa web's main page, amongst the thumbnail images!

i'm not sure how long it'll be featured, but it's been about 5 days so far. check it out: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/explore# we all know that google gets tons of web traffic. well, it's still been a wake-up call to me as to how much they really get; my featured pic(s) is usually just 1 of the 12. yet, within 5 days my 100 picture have received roughly 250,000 views, with the highest pics receiving over 20,000 views. how crazy is that!

i know my pics aren't phenomenal or anything, but it's still been cool to see tons of strangers from all of the world say "nice picture!" in so many different languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment