Wednesday, October 3, 2007

i love the dmv so much

i need to get my cali driver's license ASAP (actually last week) so that i can claim to be a cali resident for tuition purposes next yr. last week, i went to the DMV, hoping to freestyle the writing test and luckily pass. i get there, wait in line, then am told that i need to bring my birth certificate (not listed on their website.) i drive back, wait in line, then am told that my birth certificate isn't real. i need my REAL one. i told them this is my REAL one. i spoke w/ manager. i explained that my past job w/ the government accepted this document as my REAL birth certificate--along w/ every school ive ever attended--possibly because it lists my birth info, has doctors' signatures, and has a golden sticker that reads 'birth certificate.' manager said i need a different one.

week later, my parents mail me a different one (hopefully the DMV will deem good enough). wait in line, they accept it. whew. i wish i had studied for the written test, but not really. a guy walks out, explaining to his friends that he missed 4 (you must get 33/36 for renewals) but they let him slide and gave it a license anyway. weird. that guy gets leniency but i don't. i take the test. as i wait in a huge line to get it graded, i see a med student in front of me as he's still in his gown. the grader only graded the 1st page, and said, 'man, u missed 9 out of 18 already! u didn't study at all did u!?' great. well, i luckily got a 34/36 and was excited, thinking maybe i won't have to pay the extra $15,000 non-residency fee next year. as i wait for my license, i was told:
lady: "thank you, please bring this with you when you come back"
chris: "come back?"
lady: "our computers just went down. we can't issue any licenses today. please come back some other day w/ these documents..."

as partying gifts, they gave me my forms to take home, along w/ my dmv test. so, if anyone wants culver city's DMV test #6b answers... jk. no cheating.

man, i love the dmv so so much.

1 comment:

  1. yeah. the dmv can be like that. at least you passed, though. that is a plus.

    oh man. on tuesday i did not get much sleep at all with the parking in lb and everything. i slept quite a lot yesterday night, though.

    you should post sometime about your classes. i have heard about one, but not the others.

    ReplyDelete