Sunday, June 24, 2007

L.A. film festival (part 2)!

the previous post mentions my excitement from seeing the film "it's winter." specifically, hearing the director, rafi pitts, speak afterwards made it an amazing experience.

that night, sonia and i were walking the streets, checking out film festival stuff when we randomly saw the director walk right past us! i wanted to speak to him and tell him how great it was, but it all happened too fast and he was w/ ppl. darn. well, that was exciting.

the next day (today), sonia and i were walking around downtown as i was on the phone w/ tim. i look up and notice the same director again! he was just talking on his cell by the curb w/ nobody around him. we were gonna go up to him, but he was deep in conversation. we were really excited and i wished i could said something to him. dangit.

later, sonia goes to the grocery store. i'm telling the person on the phone about this and how i missed 2 chances to speak to him. it was at this time that i look up and see the director coming my way for the 3rd time. he turns right in front of me to head into the store. i introduce myself, we shake, talk, and i tell him what i loved about it. he initiates to shake my hand again and looks as if he's about to cry. he tells me how much i made his day and repeatedly thanks me. we each walk away smiling. job done. magnolia-style.

i get back to my car, start to back-up as i notice he's sitting in my back seat! k, just kidding. he wasn't in the car w/ us.

No comments:

Post a Comment